Licensed Massage Therapists
The Massage Therapists at Dedham Health are licensed experts. They are high quality providers who will design and preform a therapy specific to you and your needs.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is a manual therapy that manipulates the soft tissues and decreases muscle tension, pain, stress and depression.
The Many Benefits of Massage
Massage makes you feel and perform better. It will also:
- Increase circulation
- Enhance the immune system
- Promote nervous system functioning
- Reduce blood pressure
- Relieve pain and muscle tension
- Improve mood, intellectual reasoning and job performance
- Has a positive effect on conditions such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, diabetes and migraine headaches
The Power of Touch
The simple act of placing the hands on the body can itself encourage a person to thrive. Many studies have illustrated that without physical touch babies (human or animal) will not thrive and may not even survive. Touch also has a positive effect on caregivers. For example, mothers who regularly have a great deal of physical closeness with their babies experience postpartum depression to a far lesser degree, and elderly caregivers feel a decrease in stress, anxiety and depression when they touch and are touched.
Our licensed massage therapists offer the following types of massages:
- Incorporates rythmic, soothing and gentle strokes fort relaxing and healing.
- A series of treatments individually designed to enhance your athletic training program. Prepares an athlete for peak performance.
Trigger Point Therapy:
- Helps relieve pain and tension by using pressure on certain points of the body. These pressure points may be tender, causing muscular pain.
Injury & Pain Management:
- A treatment to reduce soreness and pain associated with muscle injuries. These may include overuse, spasms, pulls and strains.
- Reduces stress and increases well-being. Helps reduce muscle tightening, discomfort, low-back soreness and fatigue.
- Focuses on the underlying tissues to release chronic patterns of tension.
For appointments please call 781-326-2900 or stop by the front desk.
Please book appointments in advance. Walk-in’s are rarely available.
24 hour notice is required for all cancellations, late cancellations will be charged a fee.
Missed appointments are subject to a 50% charge.
30 minutes = $45
60 minutes = $80
90 minutes = $110
Hot Stones add $10 (please ask in advance so we can prepare the stones for you!)